Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Marriage

I thought when I got out of school and got married that my life was set. That I would be married to the same person for life....but..you guessed it. DIVORCE...I tried marriage twice and got divorced twice ( can't remember either one's names, I just refer to them as "plaintiff") I felt like a failure when I got divorced the first time. Those of you who were so lucky to have found the right person and were able to stay married to them through thick and thin are so lucky. You have no idea what pain and sadness divorce can bring. Both my sisters married good men and are still married to them. Both have 2 kids, and Cindy has 4 grandkids! My brother and I both know what divorce is all about. He is happily married again..but no so with Greg. I did get a beautiful daughter from the first marriage..she is happily married ( finally, she was 30 when she got married, takes after her Aunt Connie) But I guess we all make mistakes in life..some worse than others. All I know is how badly I felt. But through the years I learned to stop beating myself up over it because it just happened. I can't really pinppont who, what, where or why. It just happened. It doesn't mean you are a failure..it jsut means that for some reason the two of you didn't get along and you couldn't fix the differences between you. You decided that separation and then divorce was the best thing for you. hopefully you both became happier people, because it was the right thing to do. In my case I was. As I said earlier I was hurt, mad, felt like a failure..but today it is just part of my life. Not good, not bad, just part of my life. I hope that those of you who had to go through divorce will "let it go" and begin a new life. Whether alone or with a new partner. You can't hold on to the past. It will eat you up inside. I know from experience. I have trouble letting things go..but I am working on that. Marriage is just a chapter of life, like work is, fun is, family, friends....things we all need! I have some great friends. They are there to listen when I need to talk as I am there for them when they need an ear. Divorce changes things BUT it is not all bad....Just My Thoughts

No comments: