Sunday, August 31, 2014

45th reunion

Well here it is August 29 2014 and the class of 1969 is getting ready to celebrate 45 years ago graduating from high school! Hard to believe it has been that long ago we were teenagers and couldn't wait to go out into the world and see what we could accomplish. Just look around and see that many changes that has happened since high school...WOW  computers...cell phones...hot rod cars have been replaced with fuel injection....still have the power but not the sound....(being a mechanic...well never mind..

There are several members of the class of 1969 that won't be coming to the reunion because they have passed away and left us behind. I see things around me and sometimes I am reminded of what one of these people said or did that brings a smile to my face. Some of our members didn't make it to graduation....it would have been nice if they could have graduated with us too. I am dedication this writing to them....I know they are in a better place...God be with you all!!

Friday night we have a chance to go to a Bulldog football game...cheering on the bulldogs to a victory...(cheerleaders of 1969...you bringing your cheerleading uniform?) I hope to see some of you there (if I can find you hope there is a sign written in BIG LETTERS) anyway come on out and cheer on the bulldogs.....if you can't come to the game..meet at Harmancos afterwards (if it isn't past your bedtime LOL)

Saturday dine and dance at the Badin Country Club ( or Badin Inn, whatever the name is now) I am going to have to brush up on my dancing (been along time since Mrs. Tommy Hearne taught us the fox trot, the box step, the waltz and many other dances done back then ( she never taught the twist, the jerk, shag or the new stuff..LOL ).) I never was much of a dancer, I didn;t go out much growing up, just out with my buddies. I did learn a new dance..called the elevator dance..NO STEPS..get it? LOL. Anyway I hope to see you there as well..

I know that some of you won't be attending for one reason or another. For those of you that are having health issues I wish you well and will pray for your healing. ASs most of you know I have been dealing with health issues since high school, but I refuse to let it beat me! I am a fighter (well a fighter in this I am really a lover NOT a fighter..LOL!

Sunday Morning at the early service and the 11 am service at First Lutheran Church will be a service remembering the members of our class what have passed away. Flowers will be placed there and if you want to donate...contact Ellen Story ( that info is in Sara's letter to the class members)

Hope to get to talk to each of you sometime over that week end...Greg class of 1969!!

Just my thoughts

No comments: